Monday, June 13, 2011

Life...

How great is Life?  As I was going through some pictures from my past this morning I looked at them and am totally amazed on how much I have learned and grown since I was just a little girl.  I looked at High School pictures and wished I was the same size now as then...LOL...But knowing that I was not doing it really healthy so I am glad that I have grown up and learned that exercise and eating right and not DIETING is the best way to lose the weight and keep it off.   I also learned how to not care what other people think of me.  I think back when I was in High School and I wanted to be the prettiest and the smartest and I wanted everyone to like me and think good of me.  I have grown up enough to know that it is just not going to happen that way and that is okay.  Not everyone has to like me...Golly why should they??? I don't like everyone I meet.  So now I live my life with the guidance of the Lord.  I have also learned in the last few years that I am not PERFECT.  I have made some mistakes that I wish I never made and some I even made more than once but I have learned that through the Atonement I am able to be whole again and oh so happy.  I think one big thing I have learned is you can love again.  When I was married to Steve for almost 9years I never thought that I would love anyone else ever again.  So when we got divorced in 2008 I was so sad and it was really hard for me to move one.  I always thought why me???  What did I do??  Will I ever love someone again like I loved Steve???  Well I can tell you that I did.  I meet Scout and knew that I loved him so much and that the Lord gave me the gift of love again in my life. And as Scout and I prepare to get Sealed in the Temple this next year I can't help but be so grateful for the blessing of him in my life, And being the love of my life.   The biggest thing that I have learned though through looking at pictures is that the Lord has his own timeline in things.  I remember for years yearning and begging the Lord to send me a child.  And every time I prayed really hard for it then I would find out within weeks that someone in my family was pregnant.  Why?????  I would ask myself all the time.  I know now why.  IT WAS NOT MY TIME YET.   I think of how my life would be different today if I had gotten my prayers answered back then and to tell you the truth it would not have been good for me in my life at the time to bring a child into this earth.  The Lord knew that and I am so glad that he did.  I now am pregnant finally at 31 with my first child and a wonderful husband that is going to be a wonderful father and I can honestly say I am so happy.  I know back when I prayed so hard for a baby before that I was not truly happy and I know that the Lord wants me to be happy.  I love my life and I am so grateful for my family and friends that have been there for me throughout the years....

No comments:

Post a Comment